Saturday, June 28, 2014

Life on Hold...Thank You Mercury Retrograde

By Cal Orey

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.”





The serenity of Lake Tahoe is about to change

Welcome to the second Mercury Retrograde spell this year. It ends July 2.  I felt the "shadow" in the beginning of June And it comes back in October. Great. I can hardly wait. This time around I got slammed every which way, including delays to lack of communication, and it's not over. I'm counting the days--and simply reflecting on the absurdity of chaos. Less than one week and it's history.


A three week period in which the planet Mercury appears to be in backwards motion. during this time human beings experience many adverse effects, such as memory loss, loss of time, loss of items, loss of common sense. As for technology many unexpected glitches occur during this time, such as software crashes and emails getting lost --urban dictionary



Living in a Old Tahoe Style Cabin Has Its Ambiance
* * *

Let me count the ways how this pesky period  of planet Mercury and its wayward effects has affected me...
* The car accident--June 5, rear-ended by a 90-year-old woman driving on a suspended license.
* My on leash beloved pooch (in well-behaved mode) escaped a scary big bully dog attack last week at my fave beach.
I wish I had my black cat, a good omen
* Renewing my passport... Still waiting. Last time it arrived in two weeks. Now I'm told hold on for another three weeks.
* Trying to get the Healing Powers series in Canadian bookstores. It could happen or not...
* If the books don't get stocked in Quebec, I'm not sure if it's a sign I should detour my trip to another destination.  Another planet?
* Speaking of trips, due to confusion, thanks to Mercury, I have not pushed the button linked to the computer screen showing a fare to get to and from another country to book a flight as of yet.
* My home. Odd circumstances hint that I may be relocating or maybe it's just listening to the wrong people at the wrong time who don't really know if such is the case.
* Waiting for the insurance adjuster to come up with a fair offer linked to the accident that rudely affected my calm life and well-being.
* Book edits are in the works but I'm not working on them as of yet...I do sense they will arrive next week. This is probably a blessing.

And these are just a few of my favorite Murphy's Law happenings through the Retrograde. Not fun for Type A goal-oriented individual. "Chill"? What else can I do. But then, we have the sci-fi type Langoliers aka tourists coming up the hill for Independence Day kicking off the summer. Perhaps I should plan a getaway now to anywhere but here.

And so it goes. For those of you who don't believe in the Mercury Retrograde, I get it. I didn't believe either until all these things happened to me. Come October I will be prepared and in protective mode to avoid any delay, communication gone bad, computer crash or the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment