Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Author Anticipates Novelty Coming...

By Cal Orey

Fantasizing about upcoming trip

As June wraps up, with the New Moon on the horizon, I find myself waiting for the outcome of where I go for a long overdue trip. It depends on a few things. For starters, friends and family note that I'm not going out of my comfort zone by revisiting Canada. "Why not fly to Europe?" Perhaps, one big obstacle is that we're talking seven hours versus threefold the time in an airplane. Sure, Spain or Ireland are still my back-up country plans...but I don't know if I can do a plane for 48 hours, let alone kenneling my fur kids even longer. Not a vacation.



Currently, online bookstores in Canada carry my Healing Powers series. My goal? I'm attempting the challenge to get the hard copy books into one of the big stores in Montreal. If this happens, I will see it as a neon sign that this is the place I will be visiting. And so I wait for Lady Fate.
Check out page 8

Speaking of waiting... My passport is due for delivery in the next week or a couple. I just discovered I need it to get back to the U.S. from Canada. I recall that now because when I was in my 20s I had no I.D. The authorities kept me, the hippie girl, captive for hours. Now all grown up, once I get my papers, I will book my flight--to wherever it will take me.  I contacted the shuttle bus people; they actually come to your home! And, I alerted the pet kennel and my vet. While I don't love the idea of leaving my companion animals behind (I usually take my dogs and cat) I will have peace of mind.


UNVEILING OF NEW BOOK  I sensed the new 2015 book catalog would be released any day. It happened. On page 8, The Healing Powers of Olive Oil, Revised and Updated graces the page. The book is in the final stages of production. And this gives me something to look forward to for the fall and winter--along with a trip, a gift to me for my birthday.

So, I am in waiting mode: I anticipate a renewed passport, getting my Healing Powers series in a Canadian bookstore outside of the U.S. (the books have been translated in more than a dozen languages), booking  a flight, the proofing and release of my new book, fall and winter. It's a lot to look forward to but for now, I will chill and let the universe take care of it all. Will it be Quebec? British Columbia? Barcelona? Hotel ads pop up every day on my computer flaunting Montreal. Time will tell. But the airport shuttle guy wants me to book now...How can I do that when I'm not sure where I am going?  We wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment