Monday, August 5, 2013

I Am a Phone Psychic...And I'm Good at My Job!

I Love Reading People and Pets 



Blame it on the Great Recession hit (yes, I predicted it). In the winter of 2010, I called a psychic (or 10) to ask, "When is a foreign rights check for my books coming?" Then, one day I thought, "Since I was 8, people have noticed my sensitive nature and uncanny sixth sense. After I penned the book 'The Man Who Predicts Earthquakes,' I began dishing out quake predictions on national radio shows. Reading people and the challenges that rock their world is no different."

And now I'm one of countless psychic adviser voices who charge by the minute to tune into people and be their personal Magic Eight Ball.

Tuning In to the Faraway Caller
No, I do not use incense, hold a crystal ball or provide spells. I'm often in the company of two sensitive dogs (a seismically sensitive Brittany and thunderstorm predicting Aussie) and one laid-back Siamese cat (they relax me), and listening to alternative music when the phone rings. I am connected to a caller who is often sad, upset or confused. And, yes, this job can be stressful as well as rewarding. Think healer.

Once I hear a voice, it sets the stage. Often I can pick up if the call is from the West Coast, South, Northeast, Canada, Trinidad, New Zealand or Australia. And it's not always the accents. It's my animal-like intuition that kicks in from the get go. But there's more ...

Hello, Mother Nature
I use the planets as a baseline, lunar cycles (emotions and calls soar during the New and Full Moon), and a tarot card to get an objective read, which often coincides with what I've picked up with my gut instinct. As a super-sensitive woman, I can predict callers' questions by tuning into their voice, energy and words.

I can also pick up why I'm being contacted, the age of a person, their sun sign (but sometimes I do ask; usually they end up being on the cusp of two signs). If I'm challenged by a skeptical caller, it can end up in a murky reading or a hang-up. It used to hurt my feelings, but nowadays, I sip chamomile tea until the next ring.

I can sense if the caller is sincere -- and then it's show time. Sometimes, the paranormal activity kind of cues I get send chills through my body. The caller feels it, too. That means that I tapped into their psyche and we connected, big-time.

I Can Feel Your Vibrations
Both my callers and I are often surprised that I know things, such as if he or she has a toothache or heartache. The most common problem I am faced with is unrequited love (one-sided romance) -- and it hurts. How do you say, "He or she isn't that much into you?" and/or "Move on for true happiness" -- especially when the caller has her ego is wounded, fears being alone, or is anxious about the unknown.

I do offer positive advice and words of preparedness for upcoming events (even if a caller can't see what I'm talking about yet). I tell it like it is because saying good things doesn't always bring good or accurate results. It's like saying, "A quake won't hit" when I'm looking at the USGS map, watching an aggressive swarm on an active fault, and the caller is located at the epicenter of a country in the Pacific Ring of Fire.

Fire, Earth, Water and Air Signs
Speaking of Earth elements, how do I know if a caller is a Fire, Earth, Water or Air sign? A fire sign is direct and intense, and if the topic is touchy, I can feel their heated emotions (my clavicle often aches). Earth signs are reserved, a bit shy and need a nudge to be real. I can pick up the vibe of passionate water signs' feelings and understand they want me to confirm what they know. And air signs are analytical, good communicators and have a sixth sense, but are hesitant to tune into their gut instincts.

Two days ago, a woman asked me if her sibling would survive a challenging surgical procedure. I strongly sensed "yes." Tonight, I got the answer. I was spot on. I signed on to take another call. I'm sensing the phone will ring within 15 minutes.

Oh, and if you're wondering why, if I'm so psychic, I didn't know when my book check was in the mail, the reason is this: Sometimes it can be tricky to get an accurate read on your own life. Psychic advisers frequently turn to their colleagues (or tarot cards) for an objective outlook, the way I look to the moon and planets to tell me what other people have in store.

There goes the phone, right on time. So, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll take that call.

cal orey
Author-intuitive Cal Orey uses her intuition, astrology and tarot cards for confirmation. Orey has been a guest on national talk shows, from "Coast to Coast" to "The Mancow Show," for her ability to forecast Earth changes. To find out about her best-selling Healing Powers series visit her website www.calorey.com -- or if you'd like a private reading email her.

No comments:

Post a Comment