Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Butlers Chocolates--Spring is in the Chocolate with a Bit of Ireland

By Cal Orey, The Writing Gourmet
Rich Belgian chocolate from Ireland is an unforgettable experience. It is a chocolate dream-come-true, and you'll want to receive chocolate from far away. It's an escape, a chocolate oasis. I loved the selection of Butlers Floral Ballotin--with a promise of bliss. Welcome to a handsome gift wrapped box containing not one but two layers of to-live-for decadent truffles and pralines.
For starters... When I untied the ribbon and unwrapped the floral paper it made me feel special. It was a pre-springtime gift--something very special--just for me. Once I opened the pristine white box I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted with a double layer of chocolates. Yes, two dozen assorted truffles and pralines. It is a marvel for a Libra (we have a difficult time deciding). The selection includes a fine variety of chocolates including a Double Chocolate Mousse and White Butter Praline. My favorites? White Chocolate Flake: A creamy white chocolate flake truffle. 70% Dark Chocolate Truffle: "The one purists prefer." Twenty Four fond memories.
As the author of The Healing Powers of Chocolate (Kensington)... I know that there are benefits of white, dark, and milk chocolate.  While dark chocolate is getting a lot of kudos in the health world, milk and white chocolate are still a big favorite for many people (of all ages), especially children. Milk chocolate is the sweetest of eating chocolate (but that can change once you adopt an acquired taste for the darker counterpart).  In my chocolate book, I discuss the secret ingredients of the nutritional perks of milk and white chocolate--and especially the amazing antioxidants in dark chocolate that are the big rave for people who eat good chocolate for its disease-fighting powers.  
Overall, the awesome presentation, distinct flavors and different textures of each chocolate, and amazing variety of Butlers Floral Ballotin wooed me, one by one... It had me at the floral gift wrapping, though. No, I did not share, nor do I plan to do that. It is a gift for me to savor during the seasonal change aka "hump month" and up to Saint Patrick's Day. Thank you Butlers Chocolate. You made my March a month to cherish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment