Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Healing Powers of Honey Book is Abuzz

I feel fall is in the air, as I predicted I would mid August. Yep, last month I told my sibling that on August 15, we would feel autumn at Lake Tahoe. Indeed. Tomorrow night the temps will fall to 36 degrees. Pine cones are falling onto the ground, and baby squirrels are seen here and there. Sure, I still see blue jays, feel warm sunshine, and today went swimming outdoors. But fall is on the horizon and I am thrilled as a queen honey bee in her comfy, cozy hive.
Speaking of the honey bee, last week advance copies of my latest book The Healing Powers of Honey (Kensington Books, Sept. 27, 2011) were in a package on my doorstop.  Excitement hit. My fourth Healing Powers series book has arrived.
Meanwhile, I'm still busy working on book #5 -- like a busy bee I'm burning the beeswax candle at both ends. But, I can see the light. It's a challenge to be an author-phone psychic. If you told me when I was a kid that this would be my life -- it wouldn't surprise me. I was the girl who read her biography in front of the class in fifth grade; on overcast Sundays sat in her bedroom writing poems, gazing at the trees my dad planted around the house in the burbs and was wowed by the view of Los Gatos foothills-Santa Cruz Mountains (viewed from the living room window), and cuddled up with her Dalmatian.
So, here I am, granola girl, solo again (like a queen bee), with her honey bee book (packed with stories about me on the road like a wayward bee) and finishing her next nature's finest superfood book, surrounded by two Brittanys, Simon and Seth, and one Siamese-mix cat, Zen. Yep, I've found my balance to bee happy and healthy--it's got to be because my season is coming around the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment