Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Waking Up to a Kiss of Sweet Coffee



By Cal Orey, The Writing Gourmet
"Ah, that is a perfume in which I delight; when they roast coffee near my house, I hasten to open the door to take in all the aroma." -- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Yesterday I received a package of gourmet coffee. It was something different, something special. Welcome to Caramel Kiss Coffee. The glitch was, it was whole bean. No worries. After my swim I stopped by at our local supermarket and headed for the coffee grinder. Funny, though. It's distinct aroma caught the attention of customers around me. I know they were jealous. And I was the only one who had it...

So, this morning I brewed a cup of the Arabica coffee --a flavored java. As usual, I added a big splash of organic low-fat milk and sprinkled the top with cinnamon. Its flavor is as promised: "creamy, toasty, buttery rich flavor of caramel to create a taste sensation in a cup." Is it really "delightfully luscious!"? Yeah, it really is. The problem is, I'm not sure if I can go back to the non-flavored gourmet varieties.

This caramel flavored coffee comes in two varieties: with and without caffeine. I definitely am drinking the one with caffeine, no doubt. Whew! This afternoon I'm going to a matinee to see the doomsday film "2012." I will probably get those chewy caramel Milk Duds to help me get through the 158 minute movie. I'm thinking now how can I smuggle in a cup of Caramel Kiss to make the time go by faster as I watch the world end as we know it. An "aha moment" is coming: Get thermos!

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness for popcorn, Milk Duds...The film? Hmmm. Woody Harrelson is great. The dog is great. John is fun. CA going down with a 10.9? The film got progressively worse after that happened. In fact, it was almost a comedy not drama. I'd watch Twister, Volcano, The Day After Tomorrow (again) before 2012. I enjoyed my a.m. coffee much more!

    ReplyDelete