Thursday, November 19, 2009

Vinegar-Oil Lady Dishes Out the Healing Powers



By Cal Orey,
The Writing Gourmet
"Except the vine, there is no plant which bears a fruit
as of great importance as the olive." --
Pliny
Every day I read blog posts after posts--touting the benefits of vinegar and olive oil. I am not surprised. At all. A decade ago I penned The Healing Powers of Vinegar. Then, due to its popularity around the globe I updated it in 2006. And The Healing Powers of Olive followed in its sister's footsteps. And, at last--The Healing Powers of Chocolate (yes, you can actually pre-order the 304 page book right now) will make its debut next month. Welcome to The Healing Powers series...
These "superfoods" are in my kitchen, pantry, and medicine cabinet. For starters, I know how vinegar's powers can help prevent age-related diseases like cancer and heart disease. Personally, I have put dozens of home remedies to work for treating allergies, swimmer's ear, and other pesky ailments. Also, vinegar has given me a wealth of natural beauty treatments and environment-friendly help--from making my kitchen countertops sparkle to cleaning up after my fur children. And that's not all...
  • Yes, it's true. Olive oil aka "liquid gold" like vinegar(s) may help you to lose weight, lower cholesterol and blood presure...prevent heart disease and cancer... Live longer...and so much more! From ancient times to present-day, olive oil has been used for everything from health ailments to beauty and housekeeping.
  • Nowadays, I see studies day after day on the Net backing up the fact that both vinegar and olive oil continue to have "super" powers and I am pleased. The top doctors, nutritionists, olive oil producers, and chefs, dished out to me the timeless information on the many benefits of olive oil and vinegar.
  • So it makes me happy that these two ageless books include health benefits, home cures, and dozens of heart healthy recipes (created by renowned chefs)--perfect for the winter and upcoming Thanksgiving weekend. Cranberry Chutney, Baked Sweet Potatoes with Plantain and Citrus Chutney, Vinegar Pastry, and The Olive Press Citrus Cake--just to name a few.
  • As the holidays approach us, I'll bet that both the healing powers of vinegar and olive oil can help you to enjoy a healthier, happier celebration in the kitchen, with your family, friends, and your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment